WE’RE LOOKING FOR NEW TRUSTEES
We’re looking for new trustees with knowledge and expertise in the following areas:
LAW, DIVERSITY, MARKETING, PROPERTY
An interest in contemporary arts practice is desirable but not essential.
The Royal Standard (TRS), established in 2006, is a non-profit artist-led studio complex and gallery space in Liverpool. It is home to a community of 45 artists, along with 5 project spaces and a large gallery space. We are based in a new, architect-designed and bespoke premises in the Baltic Triangle, having relocated in 2016 to this accessible site in the Northern Lights complex, run by Baltic Creative.
We offer the city’s artistic and cultural community a location for meeting, making, talking and engagement, whilst acting as a catalyst for the most exciting and vibrant visual art in the UK.
Since its inception, TRS has worked with over 300 artists, showcasing over 70 unique exhibitions and events. Our project partners include Liverpool John Moores University, Bluecoat, FACT, Liverpool Biennial and critical writing journal, The Double Negative.
As an arts charity, we are committed to:
– Showcasing emerging and mid-career artistic-led practices through a responsible and relevant exhibition programme.
– Presenting a varied calendar of public exhibitions and events to reach a wide range of audiences.
– Providing research opportunities and resources.
– Researching and developing valuable and sustainable links with other arts organisations across the UK and internationally.
– Devising and creating new opportunities for our studio members, including studio exchanges and international residencies.
– Providing a sustainable and creative hub for artists to make work in a supportive and critically engaged setting.
The Royal Standard is currently run by a team of four to six voluntary artistic directors, with a new team appointed on a two-year rolling basis, enabling the organisation’s ideas and energy to remain fresh and continuing to offer opportunities to new groups of emerging artists.
ABOUT BEING A TRUSTEE
To contribute to the strategic vision of the organisation and to its robust governance.
To help ensure that operations are in line with our strategies and policies.
To give advice to support directors and the board at The Royal Standard.
To support the commissioning of training for directors.
To use experience, knowledge and contacts to help grow the organisation and maximise its potential.
To attend quarterly Trustees meetings in Liverpool.
To understand and advise on legal and financial issues should they arise; including looking over legal and accounting documents to ensure the smooth running of the organisation.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in joining our board please send an expression of interest to email@example.com